I have recently been thinking about my need to be more thankful/grateful. Three specific things have moved me in this direction: 1. I occasionally follow a blog and this writer has over 2,100 entries of thankfulness- I think that is pretty cool! 2. The month of November ends in a celebration of Thanksgiving – Thanksgiving Day. 3. This month Z-girls( a high-school girls bible study that takes place in my home) has taken time each week to verbalize something they are thankful for.
Various verses from my devotions this month have also had to do with thankfulness/gratefulness.
So, my faithful readers here is my thankful list, not necessarily in order of importance; and my newly discovered verses.
I am thankful for:
1. the call and response of roosters early in the morning.
2. my health.
3. Andy- my best friend.
4. The smell of baking apple pie.
5. “sweet moments” – hugs and kisses and cuddles from my kiddies.
6. that I live where I can see the stars at night.
7. that I have the privilege to openly worship on Sunday.
8. for two good legs.
9. my z-girls that come every Tuesday.
10. for the “for granted’s” washer, dryer, dishwasher.
11. talking and laughing with good friends.
12. the support and encouragement to start a project that appeared impossible.
13. the feeling of finishing the project-reaching a goal.
14. the gift of music/singing. Having the privilege to be in a community Christmas choir.
15. for ice cream-chocolate ice cream.
16. for the opportunity to reach out and tell others about the life-changing gift of Jesus.
17. for the Bible and that I can openly read, study and discuss without fear.
18. instrumental music-both playing and listening.
19. the comforting smell of wood smoke.
20. quiet moments; alone moments.
21. my family. I have the greatest parents and siblings-including Jenny and Wesley!
22. dependable and safe vehicles’.
23. the fact that we live in color- fall is such a beautiful season.
24. a thankful celebration day
25. the patience of my God-teacher.
26. plenty of food, warm house.
27. the technology that allows me to Skype and hang out with my so-far-away family.
28. the opportunity to pray to God and have those prayers answered.
29. being involved in a church family that loves God and loves my family and I.
30. that I am loved by God!
Colossians 2:7 “…and overflowing with thankfulness.”
Philippians 4:6 “… by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
Colossians 4:2 “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.”
I Thessalonians 5:18 “give thanks in all circumstances…”
One thing I noticed during my thankful journey this month has been that I need to work on being conscious of my blessings. I am so blessed, yet to verbalize and concentrate on my blessings has been difficult for me. As you can see, my devotions have uncovered some cool verses. I’m trying to keep Colossians 2:7 on my mind-“overflowing with thankfulness”My goal is to continue this journey of thankfulness