May 15, 2013

Our First Sunday




 
April 7, 2013 was our first Sunday at our new church; Countryside Church of the Nazarene.  This was a very special day!  Mr. Bud and his wife Maggie were there for the Installation Service.  Mr. Bud did the talking and Mrs. Maggie did the picture taking.   Basically this ceremony was about introducing  our family to the congregation; challenging Andy to lead, guide, and shepherd his new flock; and challenging the congregation to pray for  their new pastor and family.  
 
 

 
It appears from these pictures that I stood up front with my eyes closed.
Mr. Bud used a prayer by John Wesley and the words really struck me.

I am no longer my own, but thine.
Put me to what thou wilt, rank me with whom thou wilt.
Put me to doing, put me to suffering.
Let me be employed for thee or laid aside for thee,
exalted for thee or brought low for thee.
Let me be full, let me be empty.
Let me have all things, let me have nothing.
I freely and heartily yield all things to thy pleasure and disposal.
And now, O glorious and blessed God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit,                                      thou art mine, and I am thine.

Following the service was a welcome potluck ~ yum!



No comments: