January 8, 2012

Happy Sunday & Happy Birthday to Aunt Di!

A Happy Sunday to you!














It was a roast, potatoes and carrots in the crockpot sort of Sunday.  Yum!
 We had some friends over for dinner-a potluck of sorts- good times.


This morning we sang the song "His Way with Thee" by Cyrus S. Nusbaum.  I like all the words, but the third verse made me think. 

"Would you in His kingdom find a place of constant rest?
Would you prove Him true in providential test?
Would you in His service labor always at your best?
Let Him have His way with thee."

My thoughts:  what is "rest" and how do I find this thing you speak of.  Ok, I'm being a little silly,
but sometimes "resting" on Jesus isn't something that comes easily for me.  Also, is my working for Jesus always my best, or do I sometimes get tired and try to slide by with my lest than best?
Thought provoking words for me this morning.

And now a Happy Birthday SHOUT out to our beloved Aunt Di!  Of course we must
have some fun pictures of the special lady.


She's brushing up on her standard driving skills in the great state of Idaho.

Our great Adventure!   We had lots of fun!

Excuse me ma'am, how many carry-on's are you permitted to have?


 Happy Birthday Aunt Di- my sister, my hero, my friend.
We love you and we are so proud of you!







   

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Enjoyed the update - your kids are absolutely darling!