November 24, 2011

The Joy's of June (part 1)

Most of my Z~Girls graduated this year.  So as their graduation present, I made each of them
a bag.  This was quite the undertaking!  Since I hadn't used my
sewing machine in several years, I had to become reaquainted with it.  Then the crazy thing gave up the ghost in the middle of the project. PANIC- (I did not want to finish sewing by hand)  I was able to borrow a machine from a friend and finish. 







The Cherry Festival Parade
I love small town parades!  You just never know what you will see.  We had several representatives walking and carrying signs for our church and youth group.  And then there is every fire truck, ambulance, police and sherriff car in the whole county.  Each with flashing lights, blaring sirens and blasting horns.  Talk about sensory overload!




Carson and I decided to run in the Emmett Cherry Festival Louie Gorrono Kiwannis Fun Run/Walk.
2 miles of fun with my son.  It wasn't about our time, but all about being strong to the finish line! 






My newest project:  Making laundry soap. 




No comments: